Saturday, January 12, 2008



I'm finding it's really hard to make myself blog with any semblance of regularity. Going from two to three kids has been a rocky transition. My "me" time has been severely reduced and when I finally do get a free moment to sit down at the computer I generally spend it all checking my messages and reading my favorite blogs. I'm much more of a reader than a writer these days. And yet it seems very important for me to put my thoughts on paper and keep a record of this time. It may be difficult at times but I am aware that it is quite fleeting and before I know it, Quinn will be gallivanting off to his extracurricular
activities, Azalea won't be needing me to wipe her bum and Meara will be taking her first toddling steps. There will be more time for knitting if I just have patience.

I'm feeling quite a bit of annoyance with the two bigger kids and I imagine a lot of it has to do with cabin fever. January is usually the hardest month. It's still ridiculously dark all the time and the big cold snaps tend to happen. Today it's -20F. Not the worst but still pretty darn cold. Temperatures aside, getting out of the house with the three kids is major work. It takes about an hour just to get every one dressed, suited up and buckled in. Besides that, we only have one vehicle right now so I don't have any way to get around when Brett is at work even if I wanted to. I would love to go to the library but that was hard enough with two... I'm dreading the thought of three. I'd need a shopping cart to haul the toddler, baby and all the books around in!

Okay.. I actually need to wrap this up. Azalea and Meara are both sleeping and Quinn is at Dana's house. I've used up as much "me" time on the blog as I'm willing to.. I need to use the rest on some knitting. The time budget is tight!
Here's what I've been working on lately. Cables!

No comments: