Big day for our soccer player... Q scored his first goal ever today and to make it even more awesome it was the only score by anyone from either team the whole game so he won it for the Green Geckos! Q's score was made by a penalty shot that the coach made a point of letting him take. I later found out it was because last night at practice Q said to the coach, "Coach, I wanna make a goal in the next game." When the coach was telling me this story at the end of the game today he had a really big smile on his face.. I think he was beaming more than Q!
I guess we're gonna go eat out tonight to celebrate. Yay! There's a halibut sandwich with my name on it. mmmm..... halibut.... *drool*
(soccer pictures forthcoming)
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
I've started trying to get Meme on the potty lately. It's looking like it may be a bit premature. Today I heard rumbling coming from her diaper region so I jumped up, whipped off her diaper and plopped her on the seat. There we sat for a good 15 minutes playing with a toy and waiting for something... anything... to happen. To no avail. So I picked her up and as soon as I set her feet upon the floor... She peed. On the floor... and my foot. *sigh*
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
1. I enjoy brown miso as a sandwich condiment.
2. I was teargassed by riot cops and nearly swept out to sea all in one day in Miami. The picture is from that day. >>>
3. I've birthed 3 babies underwater and the idea of landbirth scares me.
4. My knowledge of astrology far exceeds the average person's and I once considered becoming a professional astrologer.
5. I am a serial hobbyist. I have a tendency to adopt more art and craft interests than I could ever possibly have time for.
6. I am addicted to internet surfing. No one website in particular.. I just flow amongst many. I seem to get sucked into some kind of vortex where time ceases to exist until someone calls me back to real life by demanding my attention. Despite this, I stink at replying to emails in any kind of timely fashion.
7. I hate washing dishes.
8. I can recognize and identify a wide variety of ball python color morphs.
9. My maternal grandmother's uncle- Walter Harper, was the first man to reach the summit of Denali.
10. Ten years ago I was hospitalized for three weeks after a psychotic break from reality. You might say I'm a psycho in remission. Consequently I have a very keen understanding of the fragility of sanity.
11. I still still harbor my childhood dream of becoming a comic book artist.
12. I often wish my Grandma Sandberg could see how well I knit today. She tried teaching me when I was about 12 and I failed miserably. It's my favorite hobby now.
13. My first child was born on Friday the 13th.
14. After developing a strange allergic reaction to the oils in coffee I had to switch to tea and now have chai every morning.
15. I home school my kids.
16. My favorite game is pool and I don't get to play nearly often enough now that I have kids.
17. I fantasize about living in an intentional community that focuses on sustainable living and permaculture.
18. I just started drinking a daily tonic of apple cider vinegar, raw honey and baking soda. It's fizzy and surprisingly delicious!
19. I am using cooking shows as a tool to force myself to enjoy cooking. It seems to be working... slowly ... but surely.
20. When I finally build my own home it will be made of straw bale.
21. I've lived in Fairbanks, Alaska.... Madison, Wisconsin.... Portland, Oregon.... and Nederland, Colorado. I still can't decide where it is that I want to settle in for the long haul.
22. I'm not very good at writing lists or managing my time but I recognize that these are skills I absolutely need to cultivate in order to get what I want out of life. I'm a work in progress yet.
23. After experiencing death intimately I no longer fear it for where it may take me. My only fear is leaving behind loved ones who may still need me.
24. I am a worrier.
25. I am a optimist.