Tuesday, February 3, 2009
25 Random Things
1. I enjoy brown miso as a sandwich condiment.
2. I was teargassed by riot cops and nearly swept out to sea all in one day in Miami. The picture is from that day. >>>
3. I've birthed 3 babies underwater and the idea of landbirth scares me.
4. My knowledge of astrology far exceeds the average person's and I once considered becoming a professional astrologer.
5. I am a serial hobbyist. I have a tendency to adopt more art and craft interests than I could ever possibly have time for.
6. I am addicted to internet surfing. No one website in particular.. I just flow amongst many. I seem to get sucked into some kind of vortex where time ceases to exist until someone calls me back to real life by demanding my attention. Despite this, I stink at replying to emails in any kind of timely fashion.
7. I hate washing dishes.
8. I can recognize and identify a wide variety of ball python color morphs.
9. My maternal grandmother's uncle- Walter Harper, was the first man to reach the summit of Denali.
10. Ten years ago I was hospitalized for three weeks after a psychotic break from reality. You might say I'm a psycho in remission. Consequently I have a very keen understanding of the fragility of sanity.
11. I still still harbor my childhood dream of becoming a comic book artist.
12. I often wish my Grandma Sandberg could see how well I knit today. She tried teaching me when I was about 12 and I failed miserably. It's my favorite hobby now.
13. My first child was born on Friday the 13th.
14. After developing a strange allergic reaction to the oils in coffee I had to switch to tea and now have chai every morning.
15. I home school my kids.
16. My favorite game is pool and I don't get to play nearly often enough now that I have kids.
17. I fantasize about living in an intentional community that focuses on sustainable living and permaculture.
18. I just started drinking a daily tonic of apple cider vinegar, raw honey and baking soda. It's fizzy and surprisingly delicious!
19. I am using cooking shows as a tool to force myself to enjoy cooking. It seems to be working... slowly ... but surely.
20. When I finally build my own home it will be made of straw bale.
21. I've lived in Fairbanks, Alaska.... Madison, Wisconsin.... Portland, Oregon.... and Nederland, Colorado. I still can't decide where it is that I want to settle in for the long haul.
22. I'm not very good at writing lists or managing my time but I recognize that these are skills I absolutely need to cultivate in order to get what I want out of life. I'm a work in progress yet.
23. After experiencing death intimately I no longer fear it for where it may take me. My only fear is leaving behind loved ones who may still need me.
24. I am a worrier.
25. I am a optimist.