Saturday, August 16, 2008

mmmmmm worms...


I was giddy when I saw red worms at the farmers market today. Ive been wanting to get a worm bin going for quite some time but never seemed to get around to ordering the red wigglers through the mail. It was so convenient to just pick some up at the market. I just finished getting their new home set up and after letting the kids hold them a bit Ive gotten them all settled in and fed. Im thrilled to be able to continue actively composting even when the pile outdoors is frozen solid in the middle of winter. Yay for worm castings!

1 comment:

Lorrie Veasey said...

I'm from New York. We don't have many worms here. You also don't see many baby squirrels. Why is that?
Anyway...
I found your blog through your comment on Dooce. I know how much you enjoyed viewing her movie about cooking and eating edamame. You can view the East Coast video response to that cinematic masterpiece at www.ournameisblog.blogspot.com We hope you will leave a comment. (Sorry-no rusty collander appears in our version)